Sunday, February 5, 2017

Shelter from the Storm

A huge thank you to Dan R., you provided the fuel for this idea and this post.

There is a strange kind of madness in the air. I find it suffocating. But the positive is that it is forcing me to dig deeper and take action to guard against getting sucked in. I find myself having a higher degree of willingness to take actions that ensure protection from the madness. This includes a reduction exercise, reduce the time I'm digesting news and looking at social media.

So staying with the plan, focus on positive stuff, people and initiatives, that is the goal of Embark. The theme song for this project is Bob Dylan's 'Shelter from the Storm.'

'Twas in another lifetime, one of toil and blood
When blackness was a virtue and the road was full of mud
I came in from the wilderness, a creature void of form
"Come in," she said, "I'll give you shelter from the storm"

And if I pass this way again, you can rest assured
I'll always do my best for her, on that I give my word
In a world of steel eyed death and men who are fighting to be warm
"Come in," she said, "I'll give you shelter from the storm"

The STORM defined - The idea is that many of us are getting our asses kicked by one thing or another. Addictions, work stress, school stress, financial stress, illness, broken relationships, the list is huge. These are the STORMS.

There are people and organizations who are doing incredible things. Thank goodness these resources are available! They provide hope and a solution. Sometimes it can be hard to ask for help.

How it works - On the main page I will list resources. I will also add a link to the song...freaking great song!! If you are getting your ass kicked, check out some of the resources I list. Help and hope may be there.

Bob     https://binged.it/2kb4N0D

Bill Murray    https://binged.it/2kHnKuP 

No comments: